What is physical therapy?
Physical therapy is a primary health care profession which helps people to restore, maintain and maximize their strength and physical function and improve their overall well-being. They learn how to pinpoint the root cause of an injury and/or the multiple factors involved in movement dysfunction and chronic pain.
When should you see a physical therapist?
A change in your ability to move and function is a common reason people seek the help of a physical therapist. These changes may be due to a recent injury, surgery, onset of pain or due to chronic pain. However, physical therapists are not only skilled at rehabilitation, they are also skilled at the prevention of injury. So instead of waiting for discomfort to change into a loss of function, you would benefit from the help of a skilled and certified manipulative physical therapist.
What should you expect when you visit a physical therapist at Fusion Performance?
Your session will be unique because it is all about you and your particular needs. In general, here’s what happens:
- We learn about your medical history.
- We assess and diagnose your condition.
- You receive a treatment plan of care which outlines the problems found in the assessment and the treatment goals to resolve them.
- Joint mobilization/manipulation and manual therapy techniques, IMS, and/or electrical modalities in combination with a course of exercises will be used as indicated and acceptable to you.
- Prescribed assistive devices, bracing, exercise equipment, or other orthopedic supplies if needed.
- We provide focused treatment based on research-guided techniques that speed up patient recovery while educating them about their condition to reduce the risk of relapse.
For more information please contact our Cheshire physical therapy clinics today to request an initial appointment!