Physical Therapy can Help You Move with Ease Once Again!
If you’re an athlete, you know how tempting it can be to keep pushing yourself to the next level. However, consistent overuse of muscle groups can lead to musculoskeletal imbalances, which can cause limitations to movement, as well as discomfort.
As described by Healthline, there are typically two categories of musculoskeletal imbalances:
- Body muscular imbalance. The muscles on each side of your body should be symmetrical with each other in size and strength. When a muscle (or muscles) on one side of your body is larger, smaller, stronger, or weaker than the corresponding muscle(s) on the other side, you have a muscle imbalance.
- Joint muscular imbalance. Each of the muscles that surround a joint work together with opposing force that keeps the bones of the joint centered for optimum movement. If one or more of these muscles becomes weaker, stronger, looser, or tighter than normal, you have a muscle imbalance and joint movement can be limited.
If you have sustained a musculoskeletal imbalance of some sort, physical therapy treatments can help you find relief so you can get back to moving with ease and reaching your physical goals. Contact Fusion Performance today to get started!
What should I know about musculoskeletal imbalances?
Musculoskeletal imbalances can be the result of damage sustained to the muscular or skeletal systems. This includes your bones, tendones, muscles, nerves, ligaments, and even blood vessels.
Many musculoskeletal injuries are overuse injuries that occur as a result of strenuous and/or repetitive activity. Damage to the musculoskeletal system can result in weakness, decreased range of motion, chronic pain, and stiffness that may prevent you from accomplishing your daily tasks and goals.
If you have developed a musculoskeletal imbalance, it’s important to seek the help of a physical therapist so you can correct the issue before it worsens and return to your normal life ASAP. At Fusion Performance, our licensed physical therapists are dedicated to your overall wellbeing and safety and can give you the proper care and attention that your condition requires so you can get back to your normal pain-free, active lifestyle.
What can I expect from physical therapy treatments for musculoskeletal imbalances?
Our physical therapists are movement specialists who are educated in analyzing mobility issues with walking, running, jumping, bending, stretching, and almost every other form of physical activity.
This especially comes in handy with musculoskeletal imbalances, since your physical therapist will be able to assess any restrictions or immobilities you may need help with. They can pinpoint your problem areas and create a customized treatment plan aimed at improving your pain and range of motion.
Through a specialized treatment plan designed just for you, your physical therapist will help you strengthen your muscles and joints, improve your balance, build your endurance, and relieve your pain so you can return to normal activities.
Common treatment methods for musculoskeletal imbalances include, but are not limited to:
- Therapeutic massage
- Biofeedback techniques/Ultrasound therapy
- Electrical stimulation therapy
- Laser therapy
- Targeted exercises and stretches to strengthen the muscles
Ready to get started?
If you are currently living with a musculoskeletal imbalance that is affecting your daily life, or you think you may have sustained an injury that has led to a musculoskeletal imbalance, don’t hesitate to contact Fusion Performance today.
Through targeted methods prescribed specifically for you, you can get back to life as usual in no time!